Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cookies and fun


Lots of baking today - coconut chocolate chip cookies and apple muffins. I bagged them up in fours and put them in the freezer - they'll be coming out again very soon, but I wanted them to stay as fresh as possible.

In between the rainshowers, I suggested to the two younger boys that we go outside on the trampoline. They always seem more willing to go outside and bounce when I'm out there with them.

We had a lot of fun - just plain jumping gets boring pretty fast, so we were pretending to be things, like a seed, a firefighter climbing a ladder, popcorn, a swimmer in shark-infested waters (then we lost our legs, then our arms!), a tree in a hurricane, a worm when it's raining and you have to get out of your tunnel before you drown.....and when we were out of breath we just lay down on the trampoline looking up at the sky, wondering what shapes the clouds reminded us of and watching the clouds travel and evolve. Eventually a big grey cloud moved overhead and we moved inside just in time to avoid the rain!

It's at times like this I wish I could turn back the clock and have all three of the boys out there goofing around with me.....but the 16 year old isn't interested in the trampoline any more, or horsing around with mum.

1 comment:

Louise said...

I bet you were pleased to come back inside from the rain and make a start on some of those bakes. I hope they didn't take too long to thaw out? x