Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Free pattern

At the beginning of this year, I knitted a seaman's scarf for my father-in-law. I know he said he wasn't a great scarf-wearer - he never really gets cold enough - but I wanted to knit him something and this was it!

I knitted it with Bernat Soy - and contrary to the picture, I did actually finish it - I must have forgotten to photograph the finished item before I mailed it to him.





Anyway, the purpose of today's post is to offer this as a free pattern to those who request it. My email can be accessed by clicking on the "email me" doo-hicky in my sidebar on the left, and I will in return send a pdf of the pattern.

I originally posted this on the other blog to which I was contributing from January 07 to May 08 (which will remain nameless - bitter memories) and have had a few requests for the pattern so far, so I know that there's a demand for it. I just haven't figured out how to get the pdf available online.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Cool story and sharp eye Nicola! Nice when you can bring the world wide web, into your own neighbourhood.

"Skipper" said...

Thanks for posing the question, "What keeps you interested in a blog? I like a lot of the things you said, and I would add... 'More than just knitting in common.' In other words, many of the blogs I read are written by women about my age, or they are lace knitters like me, or we all share a love of the ocean, or... well, you get the picture. I'm enjoying your blog!