Saturday, November 15, 2008

Two socks, four days


I amaze myself sometimes! ;o)

Mum-in-law's socks are done. I am calling them Red Cloud socks, as I was watching a video from the library the other night while knitting. It was called How the West was Lost and was a very moving documentary of how the First Nations people suffered as the Europeans moved across North America. One of the names mentioned was Red Cloud.

Detail of the leg....the pattern was very simple. It was a panel of only 7 stitches with a 4 row repeat, three of which were just straight knitting. Knitted with elann esprit, 4mm needles, used a total of 56 grams (2 oz) of yarn (slightly more than one ball).

Before I sign off for tonight, I would encourage you to go look at this site. The artwork is amazing. Beautiful paintings of fantasy scenes, with winged dolphins among other things. Ninja Boy and Lego Nut start art classes with an artist friend tomorrow and when asked to bring a landscape picture as inspiration for their paintings, they chose two of these. Probably very different from what she expects!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Another beautiful FO...I am green with envy ;)

affectioknit2 said...

Cute socks - amazing speed - I saw that video too!