Thursday, November 27, 2008

Blogging

I started a new thread in one of the forums in Ravelry today. I asked people what keeps them interested in reading a blog. This is what I like about a blog...

Regular and frequent posting. Chatty posts. Knitting content. Pictures. A picture of the person who’s posting so I know what they look like. Decent spelling and grammar!

I have an evolving list of blogs that I read. At the moment, there are probably about 25 on the list, but every now and then I will go through them and if I haven't seen anything new from a blog in weeks, I delete it. Also, if I find that the posts are uninteresting or uninspiring, I delete it too. What do YOU like in a blog?

I finished another small knitting project today but it's not something I can show you yet. I also made more progress on my Marble vest - I love it when the rows get shorter and shorter - it feels like I'm knitting faster! I'll have to get a photo of it tomorrow.

And I've been playing around with red and pink Elann Esprit tonight. The red yarn left over from the mother-in-law socks should be enough, when supplemented with the pink, to knit some yoga socks. What are yoga socks, you ask? They are socks without heels and toes, of course. I just googled it and found some here which look similar to the socks I plan to make. I started with a few rows of garter stitch in red, then changed to a red/pink checkerboard pattern (insert pause here while I artfully arrange work on keyboard and get a quick photo to show you)! It looks quite pretty but it's fiddly - after I started on the double pointed needles, I remembered that I was going to use two circs. It probably would have been easier.

I will finish tonight by asking myself why I'm spending so much time READING and TALKING about knitting when I could be KNITTING?!?!?!?!?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wrote a comment and it disappeared. Strange. Well, thanks for visiting my blog. I found the Morgan cap a little tricky, too, I'm still not sure if I made it right in the end. It fits the person I gave it to, but of course he lives far away so I don't know if he wears it.

Anyway, it's great to accidentally find another vegan knitter. I'll keep reading.

"Skipper" said...

Thanks for posing the question, "What keeps you interested in a blog? I like a lot of the things you said, and I would add... 'More than just knitting in common.' In other words, many of the blogs I read are written by women about my age, or they are lace knitters like me, or we all share a love of the ocean, or... well, you get the picture. I'm enjoying your blog!

Kendallknits said...

I like reading blogs that are knitting-based (obviously ^_^) but that also have a little reality thrown in for good measure. They are a great way to meet and keep up with people.