Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Yarn Harlot's calendar


I don't know how I managed to miss this one, but I recently heard about the Yarn Harlot's page-a-day calendar for 2009 - Never Not Knitting! I think it's been available for a while. Anyway, I called my local bookstore and they had ONE left. They put it behind the counter for me and I went and picked it up on Friday.

I am exercising great restraint in not opening this yet. Best to wait and enjoy each page as the year goes by, rather than reading ahead and spoiling it all.


I missed out again on catching the daylight for my vest photo, so just went ahead and took it using the flash. If you look closely (or better yet, click on the photo and get the mega-size version) you'll see the progress I've made on the right front. I like that the variegated yarn is striping vertically on the front. Of course, as my rows get shorter, the shaded stripes get wider. It won't be long 'til the front is done, then I think I'll pin the shoulder seam together so I can try it on. Hopefully, I'll like what I see and will instantly pick up the stitches on the left side and merrily knit away. Alternatively, I might not - and then - sniff - there might be some frogging (ripping out).

The kitchen timer is bleeping impatiently so must run and check the chili.

No comments: