Thursday, May 15, 2008

Laughter - the best medicine



Just for fun, a You Tube video that is about something we Canadians all understand - GST! Goods and Services Tax, currently at 5% in Canada, has just been introduced in the island of Jersey, the place I was born. It's 3% there, but on almost everything - including food. Needless to say, there were plenty of protests, and one of them is represented by this video. I find it hilarious, though maybe some local knowledge makes it funnier. I recognise all the places shown in the video and the guy's Jersey accent is so familiar it hurts!

If you find it funny, I recommend one of his other songs, Take That Grouville, also on You Tube.

And I just have to tell you about something my youngest said to me the other day. He said, "How do horses "woof woof"?" I couldn't figure out what he meant until he did the action that went with it! (Hip thrusting, WOOF, just like Flash in Blackadder every time he talks about women.) In other words, SEX! So I said, "Do you mean, how do horses have sex?" And he said yes, so after I picked myself up off the floor (it WAS funny) I explained that horses do it much like any other mammal, and that the male gets up on top of the female, and that when we see them standing around in a field the male's penis is all tucked away inside, but when he wants to mate his penis comes out, and it's HUGE, and the kids had a good giggle about it and that was that.

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

Nicola - that is too funny - we used to have nine horses when I was a teenager - so I'm quite familiar with their procreative habits - but the really hilarious thing was that I thought he was asking how they whinny - you know like a dog goes 'woof woof' - so funny!

Nan said...

Now I don't know if I can sleep! I am giggling too much. I thought he was trying to ask how they sound when they neigh or whinny also, so it just about knocked me off my chair when I realized what he asked you! Too funny.