Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Some retro decor

Looking through those old photos, I couldn't help noticing the colour scheme in the house in which I grew up.


This photo was taken at Christmas in 1966. I would have been four, my sister two. Admire the lovely curtains with the orange flowers and the carpet that looks almost leopard-print! My dad used to set the self-timer and run around to get into the picture. Handsome devil, wasn't he!


The second and third ones were taken on the occasion of my sister's 3rd birthday. She obviously received a doll's pram as a gift. Note the delightful orange wallpaper. The coal fire in the living room was the only heating in the house, except I think for a wall heater in the bathroom.


Quite a crowd there for the birthday party. This was the dining room. I'm sure that wall co-ordinated beautifully with the black and white tile floor.


The final picture should give you a laugh. I can guarantee this is the most you'll see of me on this blog! I don't know how old I was in this one.

And lastly, for those who are knitting-deprived,
my sock progress...

...actually I have since turned the heel and started decreasing for the instep. This sock is going way faster than the last one!

2 comments:

Louise said...

Great post Nicola. You are the same age as my brother and I am the same age as your sister and your mum had the same hairstyle as mine. So many similarities. I too had one of those dolls prams and I am sure I had the doll which is sitting on the side of your bath? I have an almost identical photo of me at my birthday party which I must dig out to show you sometime. Please no more bath photos, especially more recent ones! x

affectioknit2 said...

Love-love-love the sixties decor - and your sister's knit party dress.

Lovely socks too!