Friday, October 3, 2008

Araucania Pomaire


That's the name of this hand-dyed cotton I've been knitting with this week. The tarot card bag used a rather lovely mix of blues - this green/brown mixture I'm not so crazy about.


One of my kids calls it "swamp" - I call it army camo! Anything that makes me think of the military turns me off, however I had to knit something with this, so I cast on twice as many stitches as I did for the small bag, worked a row of yarnovers near the beginning for a drawstring, and I'm just going to knit until I run out of yarn. I can always find a use for another bag!


In fact, when I sew up the bottom of the bag, I shall probably make the reverse stockinette side the outside. I think that garter and rev stockinette show off variegated yarns so well.

Tomorrow I will show you the machine-knit throw that I have made for a friend's birthday. I need to wash and dry it to get the curl out, and photograph it in the daylight so you can appreciate the colours.

No comments: