Thursday, October 23, 2008

If Women Ruled the World

I'm very aware that I haven't blogged since Monday. However there is a good reason for that. My blog is my homepage - every time I have clicked into Firefox in the last few days, there's been that great photo of Hugh looking out at me and I haven't had the heart to replace him!

However I suppose I can't leave him there forever, so here's an update.

I'm in the middle of reading a book called If Women Ruled the World: How to Create the World We Want to Live In. This is a collection of essays by women from many different backgrounds. I'm really enjoying it. In fact, I'm enjoying it so much that I'd love it if each of my female blogging readers would write a post entitled If Women Ruled the World and give their version of how they see things being different. It would be great if each person who takes up this challenge could challenge their own readers to do the same. So if you're reading this, please think about writing a post and telling others about it. Pass it on!

************

Off topic, my oldest son has a new name - instead of Computer Geek, to which he objected in the comments the other day, he is now to be known as MacAddict. That's Mac as in Apple Macintosh computers. We've always been a Mac family but when MacAddict wanted his own computer last year he ended up building a desktop PC. He did an awesome job. This was followed up by the acquisition of a laptop PC - he just HAD to have one for our holiday in the spring, and a PC was cheaper. However I have lost count of the number of complaints I have heard from him about PCs, Windows, Microsoft et al over the last few months. I have learned many new computer terms from him, one of them being "the blue screen of death" (which is what you get when your PC crashes - which it has done, many times).

Now he has spent the last dime that he had left on the planet (and a few of ours) to get a refurbished Macbook Pro. A laptop with a 15 inch screen and lots of capacity. He's loving it! He may have had plenty of "learning experiences" with the PCs, but he also had a lot of stress. Having been over to the Dark Side, he has now seen the light and fully appreciates the beauty, functionality and user-friendliness of a Mac.

Oh yes, and he also bought an iPod Touch. This makes, let's see, the third iPod so far. The other two were only Nanos though!

No comments: