Monday, April 7, 2008

My baby is 16 today


I can't believe it! Sixteen years ago today, I gave birth to a little 7lb 5oz boy (well, he didn't feel so little coming out, he WAS my first after all).

Above is a photo of him at one day old, next to the huge rabbit that my sister bought for him. He still has that rabbit, but now that he's 6 feet tall the proportions are a lot different!


I like this photo of me - despite the excess post-baby weight, my hair and skin looked healthy - I was 29 at the time.


This was how I kept him with me in the garden when there was laundry to hang out! He didn't seem to mind.

Happy Birthday L!

5 comments:

Nan said...

It's cool to see you set up your own personal blog too, I'll enjoy reading them both.

You will probably laugh, but I had visions of you being a young 20 something mother with wee little ones, turns out we must be close in age!!! LOL, since MY baby turned 16 in December and I was 30 when he was born! You've done a great job with the posts on your four friends blog and I look forward to seeing this new one develop too! You should be getting your bag some time this week, maybe even today!

Amanda said...

Wow, Great photos. Happy bday L!

Nicola said...

Hi Nan, thanks for commenting. Yes, I'll be 46 this year. Looking forward to receiving the bag.

Anonymous said...

I guess you need a much bigger laundry basket these days! Happy Birthday big guy!

Louise said...

Happy 16th Birthday to L. I've heard of a Moses basket for baby, but a laundry basket is a new one on me, although a great idea. It is nice to know as a young first-time mum you remembered to keep an eye on him. x