Wednesday, April 9, 2008

This is where we were today


Our homeschool support group met at the BMX track today. It was a good turnout. Lots of kids whizzing over the bumps, and lots of mums to yak to.


When I got out of bed this morning, the sun was shining, but when we were nearly ready to go out we had a shower - a white shower - sort of soft hail. I wondered whether we'd be cold at the track, but thankfully it stayed dry and when the sun came out it felt warm.

We met a couple of new families, one from a nearby town and another from Calgary who are moving here for the husband's work. Even though they didn't have bikes with them, their kids still had fun. I noticed two of the older girls playing cards, and some of the boys abandoned their bikes and started up a game of baseball.


It was good to see my boys getting some fresh air and exercise, and I got some much-needed decompression time with my friends (after the stresses and strains of getting the teen - who had only had three hours sleep - out of bed, out of the house and into the van)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.