Friday, June 13, 2008

At long last - some knitting


It took me a while, but I finally took some photos of my knitting. I don't have any batteries in my camera, so I had to borrow R's "office" one. Most of our rechargeables are currently residing in the motor inside a Lego remote control spider!

My first photo is of me sitting outside an old Jersey pub. It's called the Moulin de Lecq. Moulin is of course French for mill, and you can just see the top of the mill wheel behind me. There I am, working on my sock while waiting for R's and my parents to show up so we could go inside and have lunch. A good lunch it was too! And I'm wearing my Sunrise Circle Jacket, for which I was very grateful on the cooler days.

The socks were worked on while I was in the island. I didn't risk bringing skinny dpns in my cabin bag. I finished them off a few days after I returned home. This is my second pair with the Berroco Comfort Sock yarn. I cast on 60 stitches this time, which on the 3.25mm needles seems to give a better fit than the last pair, which I made with 64.


This light green bamboo yarn is lovely to knit with, but the measly amount I knitted on the flight to Heathrow proved to me that I will probably need 10 balls of the stuff to make the sort of top I had planned - and I only have four. So this will be frogged and I will come up with a smaller project.


This looks a lot like the picture I posted before my holiday. However, the previous picture was a gauge swatch. I frogged that and started afresh with a few more stitches. The holes you can see along the bottom edge will become a picot hem - turning up the first few rows to the back will create a pretty edging.

No comments: