Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mists of Avalon

I so enjoyed the Jack Whyte Skystone series that someone recommended I read The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I think it was Joanne. It's another version of the legend of King Arthur.

I am well into the book now, but when I read Sheila's blog post, I thought it would be a good opportunity to share in the tagging. So here are three sentences from page 123, five sentences down from the top.

Finally the girl said, in that same strange tone, "I see deer - a great herd of deer, and a man among them with his body painted - they put the antlers on him - oh, he is down, they will kill him -" Her voice trembled and again Viviane passed her hand above the surface of the water, and the ripples passed over the surface.
"Enough," she commanded. "Now see your brother."

Now, you've read this, so if you have a blog, you're tagged!

2 comments:

sheila said...

Oooh, I might have to read this. It sounds great.

Thanks Nicola!

Joanne said...

Yay! I'm so glad you picked it up..it is definitely in my top ten.