Monday, June 2, 2008

Lots of rain

Rain all day today...hopefully it's not going to be constant for the next few days, as we want to enjoy some more sunshine. There's a structure down on the waterfront that's a smaller version of the London Eye. Unsurprisingly it's called the Jersey Eye. Sixty metres tall, it's like a Ferris Wheel with gondolas that look like they seat about 6 people each. A 15 minute ride is £7 per person, so we'd like to fit that in and get some good views.

L is going to Youth Club with his cousin again tonight. R is zipping down to his brother's to see if he can get his girlfriend's laptop working properly.

I think I'll be returning a few pounds heavier from all this cooked food! Tomorrow lunchtime, we're taking our parents out for a pub lunch (unlike Canada, the kids are allowed in too). Wednesday night we'll be having dinner at the house of some vegan friends. And Thursday night is the big event, the one that we came here for, my parents' golden wedding anniversary dinner. Phew!

2 comments:

Louise said...

I hope you had a lovely time celebrating your parents golden wedding anniversary last night. I hope the sunshine has come out for you, it has here, and we are not a million miles from you in Jersey. Is the Jersey Eye in St Helier, we only drove through last time, and I didn't notice it, although I think I was the one driving, so that would explain it. Have you been visiting all the sights around the island? x

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I didn't realize how much you've been posting. I just came here on the off chance that there may be posts I hadn't read. I'll have to catch up later. I hope you had a great time at the anniversary party.