Thursday, September 25, 2008

Love finishing things

The red scarf is finished. It came out a perfect 6.5 inches wide by 64 inches long (exactly my height, and they do say that's the best length for a scarf)! Feels lovely and I don't intend to part with it.


The hooded baby top that I have named Bamboo Baby on Ravelry is also done, except for a button. Above is a side view, and below a front view. I crocheted a loop at the front for the button, and knitted a little i-cord tail after doing the three-needle bind off on the hood.

I think it might actually fit a small person quite well, so I shall give it to my neighbour along with the snail hat I made a little while ago.

What next? Well, I still have some Bernat Satin in Wine Mist left over from making my Brea Bag, so I am going to immediately dive in and make the Droplet Hat from Norah Gaughan's Knitting Nature. I am *gasp* not going to bother with a gauge swatch, but will just start knitting it on the suggested needles and see how it goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That color red looks really great on you! Don't you just ADORE Norah Gaughan?

affectioknit2 said...

Love the scarf and the profile picture - the boys did a good job - and the baby sweater looks awesome.

Nicola said...

Yes, I love Norah - she's a genius! Thanks for your comments, ladies.