Sunday, September 7, 2008

Two FOs and a work-in-progress


I like finishing things. I like being able to use them or give them as gifts. I'm definitely a product knitter.

Above is my finished Brea Bag showing the Sculpey button that I decided to use. I have transferred my everyday bits and pieces from my usual bag into this one and am looking forward to using it.


This is my "escargot" hat, named of course for the snail that I duplicate-stitched (Swiss-darned) on the front. I used some knitter's graph paper that I printed off online, though the snail came out somewhat larger than I anticipated. This is a baby hat, made with some leftover Bernat Satin from the basic hat pattern in The Handy Book of Patterns by Ann Budd.

And finally, the progress on the baby blanket for my Taekwondo instructor's baby-to-be.


The colour on this is crappy as I took the photo this evening in artificial light and I had to turn off the flash so you could see the cables. I tweaked some of the settings on iPhoto to lighten it up. It's Lion Brand Homespun in Williamsburg, which is a lovely shade of blue. The photo doesn't do it justice.

I am almost at the end of the first two skeins (I'm using two strands at a time) and I'm glad to say that the blanket will turn out to be longer than it is wide. I'll note how many rows I knitted with the first two skeins, so that I can calculate how many rows and inches I can expect the finished article to have. I might even bind off in time to leave a little yarn for a matching hat.

No comments: