Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Stealth knitting unveiled


I found this pattern online for a Doggie Bag. This isn't the sort of bag you use to take your leftovers home from a restaurant. This is for taking something else home - yup, doggie doodoo!

I have a couple of friends with dogs and I decided that they just had to have pretty bags in which to carry their dogs' poop. The bag below is the one I made first. I used the Red Heart Artesano left over from making the (failed) Morgan cap. I followed the pattern and was rather pleased with it.

However, I decided to try making one without the cables and with a little patch pocket. I prefer it. The pocket holds a little bottle of hand sanitizer (or a key or some money).



The bags were used as temporary gift wrap for some jars of home-made spiced almonds, but are destined for smellier pursuits :o)

(Just to make it absolutely clear, the dog poop will be picked up in a plastic bag and well wrapped before it is placed in the knitted bag.....thankfully.)

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Jack definitely needs one of those...