Saturday, July 12, 2008

At the beach

The day after the storm, the sun was hot, the sky was blue, the lake was.....cool! I guess the cooler temperature and the strong wind stirred up the lake on Thursday.

We met our friend at the beach and spent three lovely hours here.


It's a small beach access, no facilities except a dock, some sand and a couple of picnic tables.


We took a picnic lunch.


We swam off the dock (and hey, no weeds or slime).


Lots of time was spent collecting rocks.

The boys enjoyed digging a channel in the sand, making dams with sand, rocks and a brick, and then pouring water down.


We enjoyed it so much, we're going to do it again soon! (Even though I did get a little bit of a sunburn.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounded like a wonderful way to spend the day. Glad to see the weather is good enough for the beach after that awful storm you had

sheila said...

It's so weird how you can go from storm to calm so quickly (the weather I mean). I was thinking about you during that windstorm. All we got was a little whoosh through the trees.

I'm loving this hot weather - and so is the gardening.

Louise said...

Now that is what I call a lovely spot, what a beach. We've been down to our local beach a couple of times within the last week, we get seaweed in our water. I also collect rocks and shells, and I was lucky enough to find a very small piece of driftwood. It doesn't take much to please me. x