Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our little car is well again

Our Ford Festiva is back on the road. My usual mechanic gave it a terminal diagnosis after looking it over - it was running like it had lumps in the gas! Something about cylinders and unequal pressure and all that. So it sat in the carport for a few weeks while we used the van, paying out way more in gas, while we considered our next move.

We ended up taking it to a local automotive place - when I say local, I mean 5 minutes away and no bridge crossing! They did a lot of work on it - the total bill was around $1500, about half of which was labour - and I happily drove it home last night. I am thinking of buying it new seat covers as a treat, and of course washing and vacuuming it so it looks as good as it sounds.

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

I'm so glad your car is well again!