Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New yarn, new inspiration

When I get stalled on my knitting, it usually means I'm bored with my current project. And as I only have one project on the go, I felt I needed to inject a bit more interest by ......

buying more yarn!

I don't keep a stash, so a visit to a yarn store was necessary. Such hardship!

I knew what I wanted. Something girly and something masculine for two birthdays coming up later in the year.

I bought this yarn on the way to the beach today and made sure I took the right size needles with me so I was able to cast on for this scarf straight away. This is one of my favourite yarns - James Brett Marble, 4.5mm/#7 US Boye Interchangeable needles, 35 stitches, basic garter stitch - makes a lovely scarf.

The pink shade will become fingerless mitts - my basic pattern over in the sidebar.