Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another hat


As promised, here is another hat, finished last night. I wanted to show you what it looked like before I sewed it up, but I had to search for the camera and when I found it there was no memory card in it (thanks, son).

It's a quick knit. The garter stitch is made more interesting by the fact that you're increasing up one side while decreasing up the other, which makes a trapezoid, I think. When you seam the cast on and bind off edges together, you have a tube, which you then gather up towards one end.

So Joanne, I promised you first refusal. Please leave a comment here if you'd like me to send you this hat. It's bigger than the other one - 20 inches circumference and very stretchy - so would fit an older child.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Oh that is very cute! I would love to have it for one of the girls, if you are willing.