Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's my birthday


Forty-six years old! And I'm quite happy with that, thank you! No lying about my age.

I had a cup of tea brought to me in bed this morning. Lego Nut presented me with a cute present wrapped up in a jar and some paper - a little beaded knick-knack that he made which I have hung on my kitchen window, and a hand-made card and coupon book (coupons are for miscellaneous chores which I can claim at any time in the next year).

Tai Chi Man detoured to the local bookstore when we went out to do our shopping today, and I bought a 2009 Scrabble calendar, an address book and a deck of Motherpeace Tarot cards. Not that I know how to read Tarot cards, but I can learn!

What with this alkaline diet, there'll be no birthday cake or meals out for me....at least not for a couple more weeks, when we'll be reintroducing a small percentage of acid-forming foods.

My birthday present to myself is a fresh start. Time to shed all the stress of the previous year and move on. Sit cross-legged, take a deep breath and repeat after me..... ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........................

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Nicola! I hope you have a great year! ooooohhhhhhmmmmm.... :-)

sheila said...

Nicola! Happy Birthday! Many many many happy returns of the day.

Good luck with the fresh start.

affectioknit2 said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you!

Nicola said...

Thank you very much, everyone, for your birthday wishes.

Louise said...

Happy Birthday Nicola, I am only one day late! x