Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Salad for breakfast

I wish I had a photo of my colourful breakfast, but I wouldn't have done it justice and anyway I wanted to eat it straight away! It was a layered mix of baby salad greens, green onion, grated carrot and grated beets with a dressing of olive and flax oils, lime juice, Himalayan salt and garlic. Doesn't that sound horrendously healthy!

I have to say that the cleanse that Tai Chi Man and I did at the weekend certainly worked. We felt like hell! Detox symptoms included bad breath, weak muscles and a generally tired feeling. I did manage to do my rebounding every day, and Tai Chi Man mixed concrete and filled in a hole in our driveway, so we weren't totally useless.

On Saturday, we kept to the liquids, but by Sunday evening we were ready for something else. I made a "blender salad" (which is acceptable on the cleanse, we weren't cheating). It was a blended up mixture of salad greens, avocado, jalapeno, cucumber and good salt. Bliss!

Monday morning we had the same again. My enthusiasm in drinking 5 litres of water/Nile water was definitely flagging by the third day. Monday night, we had a big salad of whatever I could find in the fridge that was green.

It was nice to get back to solid food Tuesday, though it is still from the alkaline side of the chart.

No comments: