Thursday, August 21, 2008

Birthday book


My friend gave me a gift certificate for one of our local yarn stores. I went in there yesterday (with two boys, who very patiently waited while I had a look around).

I had considered buying an i-cord maker - you know, one of those little gadgets where you set it up, crank the handle and yards of knitted cord shoot out of the bottom. Unfortunately they had sold out.

I took a look through the books and decided on this one. I have borrowed it from my local library a couple of times and I use the sock pattern in it almost every time I make socks. I decided this would make a good purchase, one I can keep referring to over and over, that will never be out of date or out of fashion.

I still have almost $4 in credit left to spend...that will have to wait for another day.

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

That looks like a really good pattern book - I've nominated you for the Brilliante Award - thanks for blogging.

Nicola said...

Thank you for the award - I'm honoured.