Friday, August 29, 2008

New knitting to report


I love how this first side of the Brea Bag is looking. I found this while I was browsing the 'net the other day looking for inspiration.

I was actually thinking of knitting a backpack-style bag, but when I saw this, I was hooked.

I found some Bernat Satin at Michaels in "Wine Mist" to substitute for the angora. I'm using two strands of yarn held together with #9 needles, as per the pattern. This yarn has quite a "woolly" look to it, which was particularly noticeable when I was finishing off this section of the bag at the beach today.

That segues very neatly into the following photos. It was a fairly warm day, but there was a lot of cloud and we had a couple of showers during the afternoon. After visiting a teashop with our friend, we weren't daunted by the weather and took the plunge.

The water was ICY cold. J and I went in and were out again quickly, but the boys were in and out as if they were polar bears.


They enjoyed the home-made popcorn that I'd brought - funny how being outside seems to give you an appetite.


The water was really clear.

There are two diving boards, a zipline and a knotted rope to make getting into the water faster... and more fun!


More showers and some sunshine this evening resulted in a rainbow plus it's reflection (look carefully to the right and you will see a reversed rainbow).

4 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

Oooh - that's pretty - I did a Brea too - and I'm thinking of doing another one - making it smaller without the flat bottom part - and in navy...

Nicola said...

I'm hoping it comes out big enough to carry my stuff - won't really know until I transfer the things over from my current bag. I'm thinking it would be lovely in a denim blue too.

sheila said...

Oh, Nicola, that's SO complicated. You must be a very attentive person to manage such detail. Impressive.

Louise said...

That dusky pink is a favourite colour of mine. Great to see the kids having fun. There is so much to do in the great outdoors and all for free! x